Academic writing course
The registration for a free course in academic writing in English is open within the joint Ukrainian and Czech project “AgriSciences Platform for Scientific Enhancement of HEIs in Ukraine” until 15 December. The course is designed for novice researchers or scholars who want to improve their academic English language skills. The Czech partner will issue a certificate upon completion of the course.
The registration for a free course in Academic writing in English has been opened within the joint Ukrainian and Czech project “AgriSciences Platform for Scientific Enhancement of HEIs in Ukraine,” implemented by a consortium of 5 Ukrainian universities, including SSU, SNAU, BTNAU, KhNAU (SBTU) and DSAEU. The project aims to strengthen the capacity and cooperation of young teachers, researchers, and masters and doctoral students in selected Ukrainian universities.
The course “Fundamentals of Academic Writing” is designed for novice researchers or scholars who want to improve the quality of Academic English. The application submission deadline is 15 December 2021.
Upon successful completion of the course “Fundamentals of Academic Writing” in English, participants will receive a certificate from a Czech partner and will:
- Know the structure of the research article
- Be able to develop a research paper
- Have practical skills in the practice of analytical and synthetic analysis when writing an article
- Obtain developed academic reading skills
- Have in-depth academic writing skills
- Gain valuable phrases for writing an academic article
The course includes 80 hours of training and will run from 10 January to 7 March 2022 and will be conducted through the Canvas Learning Management System, an agile, collaborative software application that allows both asynchronous and synchronous learning and teaching, engaging in teamwork, creating an academic atmosphere. Certificates will be issued to those who successfully have completed all tasks and passed at least 70% of the top grade.
Who can apply?
- Be a teacher or a graduate student.
- Have advanced reading and writing skills in English (B2).
- Have regular and reliable access to high-speed Internet.
- Be prepared to spend 6 to 7 hours a week online for an 8-week course.
- Have a firm determination to improve academic research skills.
- Be ready to take an active part in online discussions and complete all tasks on time.
To enroll in the course, please complete the online application by 15 December 2021 at this link: https://forms.gle/Susw9jEVb1HGNquCA
The number of participants is limited; the process of competitive selection of participants will be based on the analysis of applications and preliminary English testing. Based on the study of applications, candidates will be invited to take an English test.
Course teacher: Iryna Liashenko, Ph.D. in Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages, Sumy State University.
Questions may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The project coordinator “AgriSciences Platform for Strengthening Science in Higher Education Institutions of Ukraine” on the Ukrainian side for SSU – Associate Professor of International Economic Relations Department, ERI BiEM, Sumy State University, Oksana Zamora.
Learn more about the project: https://mev.uabs.sumdu.edu.ua/projects/platforma-agrisciences-dlia-posylennia-nauky-u-vyshchykh-navchalnykh-zakladakh-ukrainy